Monday, October 19, 2009

Weak Believers Are Believers Still

"Let us never set down men in a low place, as graceless and godless, because their faith is feeble and their love is cold. Let us remember the case of Thomas, and be very pitiful and of tender mercy. Our Lord has many weak children in His family, many dull pupils in His school, many raw soldiers in His army, many lame sheep in His school. Yet He bears with them all, and casts none away.

“Happy is that Christian who has learned to deal likewise with his brethren. There are many in the Church, who, like Thomas, are dull and slow, but for all that, like Thomas, are real and true believers.”

~ J.C. Ryle Expository Thoughts on the Gospels: John, volume 3, 456, 457.

1 comment:

diane boucher said...

Excellent quote and a reminder that brings about humility reminding me that NOTHING, not even my faith was generated by myself.. but given to me as a gift from God. Remembering this helps me to be patient and merciful towards others and pray that others are merciful and patient with me when my faith is weak. Thank you!!!!