Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Lord Jesus loves you as you are

Classic pastoral encouragement from a pastor/preacher who has ministered to millions through his sermons and writings for over 150 years:

“There never was one who came to him with a broken heart, but he healed him. He never said to one, 'You are too bad for me to heal;' but he did say, 'Him that cometh to me, I will in no wise cast out.' My dear hearer, he will not cast you out. You say, 'You do not know me, Mr. Spurgeon.' No, I do not; and you have come here to-night, and you hardly know why you are here; only you are very low and very sad.

"The Lord Jesus Christ loves such as you are, you poor, desponding, doubting, desolate, disconsolate one. Daughters of sorrow, sons of grief, look ye here! Jesus Christ has gone on healing broken hearts for thousands of years, and he is well up in the business. He understands it by experience, as well as by education. He is “mighty to save.” Consider him; consider him; and the Lord grant you grace to come and trust him even now!”

- Charles Spurgeon, Christ’s Hospital
posted at Of First Importance

No comments: