Wednesday, April 29, 2009

How the Gospel Opposes and Overcomes Our Idolatries

Tim Keller is one of the most insightful, helpful, Biblically-wise pastors I know of, and this message on how the Gospel detrones and de-mythologizes our "idols" is one of the most penetrating, significant and life-related messages I've ever heard.

As I listened, it occurred to me that many professing Christians will ever make any real progress in their spiritual lives until they honestly face the issue that Pastor Keller so wisely describes and diagnoses.

I highly recommend that you take the time to view (or listen to) this message.

Here is what I think was the fundamental truth expounded in this message: "Any life not built on God's glory and grace will be built on the deification of something/someone else."

No comments: