Sunday, December 22, 2013

"...In the absence of human assistance..."

Today I was talking to a friend about how much I wish I could talk to Dr. Grier (who went to be with the Lord this past year) to get his advice and insight on a very challenging situation I've been facing. I'm sure I would benefit from his wisdom as I did so many times before. But then I came across this quote today, which both encourages and challenges me....maybe it will be helpful to others too: "God sends people in and out of your life to exercise your faith and develop your character. Whey they’re gone, they leave you with the reality that your God is with you to deliver you wherever you go! Joshua never would have learned that while Moses was there. In the absence of human assistance, we learn the magnitude of God’s favor." (Jorge Bergoglio)

No comments: